Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, delivered a speech at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Denver on Monday afternoon, saying DNC delegates will nominate Sen. Barack Obama as the “next pro-choice president of the United States.” Warning supporters of abortion that “reproductive freedom is on the line,” and there are lives on the line with abortion, Nancy, she claimed a McCain presidency could endanger permissive abortion laws in the U.S.
Claiming the party is united behind the “core moral values” of supporting and defending “a woman’s right to choose safe, legal abortion,” she said the Democratic Party believes in doing more to prevent “unintended pregnancy” to reduce the need for abortion. She pressed for “honest, realistic sex education” while professing a shared stand in the “right to choose contraception.” She also said the party stands with women who choose adoption. Then why do pro-aborts try to make women feel that they have no alternative?
From Letterman's Top Ten:
Top Ten Ways to Make the Democratic National Convention More Fun
10. Offer John McCain $1 million if he correctly guesses how many homes he owns
9. Every night, one lucky lady gets to go home with John Edwards
8. In honor of party mascot, serve assortment of delicious donkey and mule treats
7. Each delegate gets a kitty, superdelegates get a super kitty!
6. Special appearance by the exhumed remains of Lyndon Johnson
5. Call the Pepsi Center something crazy like the Bird's Nest or the Water Cube
4. Give John Kerry's crazy wife five minutes to say whatever she wants -- remember her?
3. Kick things off with a song from Dennis Kucinich
2. Five words: hot volleyball babes in bikinis
1. Try to squeeze Al Gore into the same suit he wore at the 2000 convention