_________________________________


View this Blog in espanol   Italiano   Francais   Deutsch  


Universalis





Truth is not determined by a Vote.

Truth doesn't change.


Monday, December 5, 2011

Gingrich Restates Pro-Life Views, Says Life Begins at Conception

I am certainly glad to hear this clarification, but I will admit that I am concerned about Newt's earlier assertion that life begins at implantation.  But I do believe that Newt will  be a much more pro-life president than Obama has been.

After making headlines nationwide with curious comments in an interview in which many observers say he indicated he believes human life begins at implantation, Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has restated his pro-life views.

In a new statement the Gingrich campaign sent to LifeNews.com over the weekend, the former House Speaker says repeatedly that he believes life begins at conception, that he is pro-life and that he would implement a pro-life agenda immediately after being sown in as president if he becomes the GOP nominee and defeats pro-abortion President Barack Obama.

“As I have stated many times throughout the course of my public life, I believe that human life begins at conception,” Gingrich said in the statement. “I believe that every unborn life is precious, no matter how conceived. I also believe that we should work for the day when there will be no abortions for any reason, and that every unborn child will be welcomed into life and protected by law.”

“That is why I have supported, and will continue to support, pro-life legislation that not only limits, but also reduces, the total number of abortions, with a view to the eventual legal protection of all unborn human life,” Gingrich continued.

No comments: